Monday, September 13, 2021

Tribute to Uncle Jimmy

 


I am honoured to be participating in Bruno & Kylie’s blog hop this month and to share a Thank You card I made for a special occasion. 


I made this card to thank the Royal Canadian Legion for hosting 15 members of my family on our pilgrimage to Port Alice, British Columbia, last week. The maple leaf and poppy are part of their emblem. 

My uncle, James John Eccles, was a pilot with the Royal Canadian Air Force. He died on Feb 4, 1944, during WWII, when he crashed his plane in Port Alice. He was only 21 years of age.


We decided to take his two surviving sisters, my mom and aunt, to see the memorial erected in his honour. It was a long trip for the two elderly ladies but they both thought it was so special!


I used the Gorgeous Leaves and Peaceful Moments bundles. They were perfect for this card!

Please enjoy hopping to the blogs of many talented demonstrators from around the world!

 



6 comments:

  1. Nice style! Thank you Lori for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the poppy set. Your card is beautiful. And your story, very touching. Thanks for sharing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely, Lori! I’m sure it will be very much appreciated by the Royal Canadian Legion. ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful story, so many lost. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lori! Sounds like a lovely day, very memorable!

    ReplyDelete