Wednesday, October 9, 2024

AWOW Blog Hop - Sketch Challenge

 


Welcome to this month's Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop! Each month, a group of  demonstrators from all over the world create projects based on that month's theme. You will be able to hop around below to see all the wonderful inspiration!

This month, the theme is a Sketch Challenge!


I chose to use the adorable Christmas Friends Bundle for my card! I also used Peaceful Evergreens for the trees stamped in the background. 

I started with a Thick Basic White card base and added a Pool Party layer which was embossed with the Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing Folder. The other layers were created with Night of Navy Cardstock and the Subtles and Neutrals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper in Pool Party and Night of Navy.


The cute skating moose was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Basic White and coloured with Stampin' Blends in Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Azure Afternoon, Pool Party and Smoky Slate.

The circle was die cut with the circle in the Christmas Friends Dies. The ice was created by ink dragging Pool Party and Balmy Blue Ink Pads across the bottom of the circle. I then masked off the land area with a Post-It Note and added Night of Navy Ink with a Blending Brush. I added a little Azure Afternoon with a Blending Brush for the sky and stamped the trees in Night of Navy. I added some Wink of Stella to the ice and the skate blades.


I wrapped Night of Navy from the Natural Tones Linen Thread around the middle layer and added a double bow with a Mini Glue Dot. The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy.



Please enjoy hopping around below and you can click on the daisy to go to the next blog post by my very talented colleague, Cheryl Hamilton!












8 comments:

  1. Super cute!!!! I love the detail of colouring the edge surrounding your character. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this soooo much!!! The techniques you used to create your scene... love the touch of Stella on the ice and blades. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lori ... it made me smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Great job on coloring the moose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me a big smile! The moose is a great comic focal point but what I really loved was the great scene you created for him - the trees and that super illusion of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love all of the blues you used to create the perfect wintery scene for this skating moose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable fella! I love how you interpreted this sketch.

    ReplyDelete