Wednesday, September 11, 2024

AWOW Blog Hop - The Way We Were

 


Welcome to this month's Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop! Each month, a group of  demonstrators from all over the world create projects based on that month's theme. You will be able to hop around below to see all the wonderful inspiration!

This month's theme is The Way We Were. I chose to use the Tune In Bundle to create my retro card!


I tried to recreate the dark paneled walls that I remember in my younger days. I took a layer of Pecan Pie Cardstock and, using my Paper Trimmer, I scored lines 1" apart. Then I dragged a Pecan Pie Classic Ink Pad down the length of the layer a few times. This was adhered to a Pool Party card base. The TV and all the retro pieces were die cut from Basic Black, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Basic White and Silver Foil.
I added some Adhesive-Backed Dots for Days to finish the card front.


I adhered a piece of Window Sheet over the Happy Birthday piece to give the illusion of a TV screen. Stamping was done in Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party and Memento Tuxedo Black. I attached the TV with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I stamped the inside panel decor in Memento Tuxedo Black on Basic White.


Please enjoy hopping around below and you can click on the daisy to go to the next blog post by my very talented colleague, Jan Clothier!










1 comment: