Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thoughtful Journey - Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop

 



Welcome to our May Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop! I am hopping with talented demonstrators from all over the world! This month, we were inspired to create from this beautiful photo and colours!


I love Poppy Parade, a gorgeous, bright & cheerful red but I also wanted to use our new Thoughtful Journey 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper, which does not list Poppy Parade as one of the colours in the paper. However, it does have Cajun Craze and I thought the piece I chose looks pretty good with Poppy Parade!

I used Old Olive cardstock for my card base and Poppy Parade for the mat. The flowers are die cut in these same colours using the Thoughtful Wishes Dies. The ribbon was Basic Beige but I coloured it with a Poppy Parade Light Stampin' Blends! I also coloured 3 Iridescent Pearls Basic Jewels with the dark shade of Poppy Parade.


The sentiment, from the Thoughtful Wishes Stamp Set, was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed using White Stampin' Emboss Powder and a Heat Tool. It was die cut with a label from the Unbounded Love Dies and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Enjoy hopping!








3 comments:

  1. So delightful, Lori! Love this Suite!!! Brilliant idea of coloring the ribbon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dsp is a great backdrop for the die cut flowers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Loris, this dsp is so pretty x

    ReplyDelete