Monday, April 5, 2021

Soar, Sunset & Silhouette - Kylie's International Highlights



I can't believe it's April already and time for Kylie's International Blog Highlights with Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world! The theme is "Thank You" and I thought my card would be suitable for a boy to give his father or for a parent to give their child!

Please vote for your 5 favourite cards HERE!



I used a combination of products for this card. The three stamp sets I used are Soar Confidently, Silhouette Scenes and Blossoms In Bloom for the sentiment.
I experimented with several shades of yellow/orange for the sunset sky, mostly using So Saffron, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze with a Blending Brush. The mask for the sun was made with the second largest Layering Circles die and a Post-It Note.
I matted the image layer on Basic Black and then on a Mango Melody card base.


I stamped the boy and airplane using a Stamparatus and Memento Black Ink because I wanted to get them good and dark. I used a Blender Pen to deepen the airplane by spreading some of the black ink around while still allowing the details to show.


The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss powder.


Enjoy seeing all the amazing talent and click on the top right corner of your favourite 5 until the heart turns red! If you like mine, it's  number 17! Thanks!






12 comments:

  1. Stunning card!
    Good luck!
    Greetings from Germany, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. I love how you used the 2 images together. The shading of color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card Lori! I love it's masculinity, the great images and colouring! Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with the voting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is STUNNING, Lori!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Overly card, just beautiful, what a great combo of stamps sets, beautiful blending 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the silhoutte combo also! I voted for your card on Kylie's blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a amazing card, beautifully coloured and a great layout! Good luck with the voting - your card is one of my favourites :-)
    Liane from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally appreciate this card!
    Stunning!
    Good luck with the voting and greetings from Germany, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. https://newsweek.top/the-fable-of-tom-bradys-jacket/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. investigative

    ReplyDelete