Wednesday, April 14, 2021

West Coast Creators Blog Hop - Sending Sunshine




Welcome to our monthly blog hop! Our theme this month is the Last Chance Products that are retiring and available for purchase until May 3, 2021 or while supplies last!

I decided to give some love to the Sending Sunshine Stamp Set that is retiring along with our Sponge Brayers!


This stamp set makes it so easy to create a sunset over water! Starting with our Shimmery White Cardstock, I stamped the water in Pretty Peacock, a retiring In-Color, and used a Blender Pen to spread the ink around a little. I then stamped the sun in Daffodil Delight. 

I put a Post-It Note over the water to protect it, and using Sponge Brayers (retiring!), I sponged Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo inks in the sky.

Using a Sponge Dauber, I sponged Memento Black ink around the water to create the land. I then stamped the foliage, also in black. I adhered this to a Basic Black mat. 


The sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink on Basic Black and heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I fussy cut it out and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I finished it off with Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon and mounted it on a Melon Mambo card base.

Enjoy hopping to see the work of the talented demonstrators below!


 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING Lori! You are definitely the queen of blending! I can only imagine how this card looks in real life, because pictures rarely do justice to the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marika! I will certainly miss my Sponge Brayers but now we have the Blending Brushes! :)

      Delete
  2. I can only agree with Marika - you do an awesome job in your cards with these blending backgrounds - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lori!! Your card is GORGEOUS, as always!! The colours and blending are amazing! I'm going to miss those retiring brayers!!

    ReplyDelete