Monday, October 5, 2020

Northern Lights - Kylie's International Highlights

 


I am very excited to be participating in Kylie's International Blog Highlights this month with Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from all over the world!

I will never forget the one and only time I saw the Northern Lights. I was in my early 20's and living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada at the time. I could hear the neighbours outside and they sounded very excited! I went outside and could not believe my eyes! I had never heard of the Northern Lights, aka Aurora Borealis, and was completely blown away! 

This card shows the beautiful shade of green I saw in the sky (as well as I can remember)!



Believe it or not, I only used one ink colour to create the sky! I used a wedge of a Stamping Sponge to apply Night of Navy Ink in a circular motion onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock (5" x 3-3/4"), leaving some of the cardstock colour peeking through to create the Northern Lights.


The tree comes from the Most Wonderful Time stamp set which is part of the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley. I stamped it multiple times, sometimes full strength, sometimes stamped off, in both Mossy Meadow and Night of Navy inks. 

I matted that layer onto another Pear Pizzazz layer (5-1/8" x 3- 7/8").


The gold metallic trim comes from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. I wrapped one piece around the layer and adhered it in the back. Then I created a little bow and attached it with a Mini Glue Dot. 

The "thanks" sentiment comes from the Well Written Dies. It was cut from the lightest colour (gold) of Brushed Metallic Cardstock.

The whole card front was adhered to a Night of Navy card base (8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4").

I added some stars with a Stampin' Chalk Marker and I topped it off with 3 Rhinestone Basic Jewels in the sky!





Product List

8 comments:

  1. Your card is just STUNNING, Lori! It is so realistic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Lori and great inspiration! Thanks for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous cards, love this technique, it is very realistic and gives a great effect. Many thanks for sharing. Good luck with the voting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You received my first vote for your awesomely beautiful card! Just gorgeous! Good luck with the voting - you certainly have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card!! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Yes u got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite awesome! I never would have thought you'd get that special effect from sponging NN of PP. Good luck in being picked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to do this technique! Thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous. I never thought about sponging on colored cardstock and leaving some of the cardstock untouched to peek through. Amazing technique

    ReplyDelete