Monday, July 27, 2020

Kylie's Winners Hop - Boho Indigo Gold!


Hi Folks! I want to thank all of you who voted for my Blossoms Card and put me in first place in Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights contest! I am sincerely honoured to be among all the talented winners! Be sure to follow the links below to check out their beautiful creations!

I wanted to try out the Gold Cards & Envelopes coming up in the August - December 2020 Mini Catalogue! I thought that the Boho Indigo Product Medley paired nicely with them!


The cards already have that gold trim printed on them and don't you love those solid gold envelopes?

I added a Night of Navy cardstock layer and added strips of the Boho Indigo Designer Series Paper. The set also comes with the stamps and dies to make the vase, sentiment and leaves (cut from gold foil), and it also comes with a ribbon combo which includes this beautiful gold ruched ribbon!

My favourite part was making the vase. I stamped the vase on Very Vanilla cardstock in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Then I took some Night of Navy ink and a sponge and the magic happened! It's so cool to see the design pop out of the clear embossing! You just wipe off the excess ink (which is resisted by the embossing) with a paper towel (hence the name emboss-resist technique)!


Enjoy hopping to the other winners' blogs!





12 comments:

  1. The gold, navy and DSP are stunning together. Love the gold envelopes too! Congrats Lori on making it to the top ten blog hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I'm intrigued to find more uses for them!

      Delete
  2. Lori, this is stunning. The god really looks fabulous with the Misty Moonlight. Love the embossing on your vase. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I find emboss resist so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Your card is fabulous. How did you do the frame? I probably have the die but don't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks! That frame design is pre-printed on the Gold Cards & Envelopes Set in the new mini catalogue!

      Delete
  4. I totally missed the gold cards in the new Mini. I love them with the Boho Medley. Great card. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, Lori! The vase looks just like a porcelain vase! Beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori! Just got this medley. Your card will my first made and I can’t wait! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete