Monday, October 14, 2019

Free Skate Lake


It's a new Stampin' Up! year for Kylie's blog hop and I am thrilled to be participating along with many talented demonstrators from around the world!

My card was created for a Holiday catalogue swap and, believe it or not, I used to be a figure skater back in my teens so I had to have this Free Skate stamp set and dies bundle!


I used Seaside Spray, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock and, with some masking with torn Post-It notes and trees from the new Snow Front stamp set, I created a frozen lake to skate on! Ink colours used were Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray with a touch of Pool Party. The blades were die cut from Silver Foil Sheets.


I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects to the lake to make it more "icy". I die cut the sentiment (stamped in Pretty Peacock ink) using the Stitched Nested Labels dies and added some Seaside Spray 1/4" Metallic Ribbon and a Pretty Peacock Rhinestone from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones.

Please click on the next link below to check out this wonderful blog hop!



10 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I was an inch away from buying this set but in my part of Australia we just don't get snow so i didn't get it.
    Love what you did here though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the effects, great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Lori, great to hop with you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, Lori. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lori! I didn't get this set because we don't have a white Christmas but it is a fun set!

    ReplyDelete