Monday, February 14, 2022

West Coast Creators Blog Hop - Butterflies Mask


Hello, Everyone! This month's blog hop theme is to use products from the January - June 2022 Mini Catalogue! I used the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks in a previous post with the gorgeous flowers. After seeing Liz Yuille in the UK do a heat embossed butterfly with these masks, I had to try it! 


This card also uses some free Sale-a-Bration items - the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper and the Special Moments Stamp Set! 


I sponged Versamark Ink through the large butterfly opening, covered it with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder and embossed it with my Heat Tool. Once it cooled a bit, I put the second mask over the black butterfly, sponged again with Versamark and then heat embossed with Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder. I love the shiny effect!


Cardstock used was Basic Black and Basic Gray. The Basic Gray mat was embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the butterfly and adhered him to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The sentiment, from Special Moments, was heat embossed with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I added Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon for some extra bling!

Be sure to hop around to the blogs of my talented West Coast Creators teammates!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. so pretty!! Love the monochromatic look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo! Thank you for the great directions for this beautiful card because I am going to have to make this as I just got those masks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm inspired to try masking now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! I never would have thought to heat emboss over heat embossing!

    ReplyDelete