Monday, March 8, 2021

Alcohol Technique - Kylie's International Highlights

 


Welcome! I am so excited to participate in Kylie's International Blog Highlights this month with a new-to-me technique that I've been having fun with! Be sure to vote for your favourites among the talented demonstrators from around the world!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!



I've seen a number of demonstrators doing this very cool technique with Stampin' Blends, Vellum Cardstock and alcohol! I've used 99% Isopropanol alcohol. 

I precut the Vellum Cardstock to 5" x 3-3/4" but you can do a whole sheet and cut it later, if you like! I scribbled blotches of Stampin' Blends in Old Olive Dark, Mossy Meadow Dark and Soft Suede Dark, covering pretty much the whole piece of Vellum. I poured a little alcohol into a small bowl. I took a Water Painter with the large flat brush tip, dipped it into the alcohol and started dabbing it over the vellum, adding more alcohol to the brush as I went. Once I'd done the whole sheet, I then dipped the brush again and tapped it against my finger to flick drops of alcohol into the sheet. I then let it dry and watched the magic happen!

You could also use a regular paint brush or use the Water Painter with alcohol inside of it. I liked using the bowl as it was quick and easy!



I adhered the vellum piece to Very Vanilla cardstock cut at 5-1/4" x 4", by sponging on some Multipurpose Glue onto the vellum. The great thing about the vellum is that you can mount it on various colours of cardstock to get different effects! Try it using the same colours as the Blends to see which you like best!

I then adhered this piece to a Soft Suede card base, 8-1/2" by 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4".


I punched a Very Vanilla oval using the Double Oval Punch. The little frog from By the Dock and the sentiment from Field Journal were stamped in Soft Suede ink and the frog was coloured in with Old Olive Blends. I unraveled the ends of a piece of Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim, adhered it with Mini Glue Dots and adhered the oval with Stampin' Dimensionals.



I hope you have as much fun as I've had with this technique! I'll be using it on some future projects as well! Enjoy!







8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I need to have a play with this technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great technique finished off with the cute frog. Well done Lori! Thanks for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Kylie and thanks for hosting! I love seeing all the cards!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! This is such a cool technique, Lori!!! Thank you for teaching it to us! I love this card!! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so neat! I haven't' tried this yet - thank you for the inspiration I have to give it a go! very beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lesley! Definitely give it a go...you’ll love it!

    ReplyDelete