Sunday, February 7, 2021

Bone-Jour Hot Dog!

 When I first saw the Stamp Set, Hot Dog, in the Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalogue, it did not grab me right away. Then I noticed the "BONE-JOUR" sentiment and the little beret, and a Parisian card started to form in my mind!


Pink and black come to mind when I think of Paris and the free Sale-a-Bration Designer Series Paper, Flower & Field, had the perfect Basic Black & Flirty Flamingo stripes! I used the same colours of cardstock. You could also substitute the black & white striped paper in the True Love Designer Series Paper pack, and just use a Stamping Sponge, Sponge Dauber or Blending Brush to add some Flirty Flamingo ink!

The "drapes" were made with dies, the Magnolia Memory dies and the Ornate Layers dies, both in the annual catalogue.


I wrapped the card layer with Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon (a favourite of mine!) and used the new Double Oval Punch for the sentiment. The sentiment and the dog are stamped in Memento Black ink and the circle is cut with the Stitched Shapes Dies.


I coloured the dog with Smoky Slate and Flirty Flamingo Blends, and added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to her collar. You could even add a little bone embellishment from the Playful Pets Trinkets to the collar or the ribbon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment