Sunday, December 20, 2020

Playful Pets Gift Bag



 I have a beautiful, loving grandpuppy named Paxton and, of course, I had to buy him some special treats for Christmas! He is a border collie with unusual colouring. Here he is after getting his certificate for “nose work” (with the help of my son, Matt)!


 Of course, I had to buy Paxton some special treats for Christmas! He LOVES fish treats and these ones from Amazon have lobster! This is a round jar just under 4" in diameter.


I was trying to figure out the best way to wrap this when it occurred to me that I could use our Playful Pets Designer Series Paper to create a gift bag! 


I had never created a square gift bag before but this one was pretty easy to figure out! I used two full sheets of 12x12 paper. I scored 1.5" down from the top of each sheet and 4" on each of the other three sides. I burnished all the folds with my bone folder.

With the sheet in front of me with the pattern I wanted on the outside of the bag, I folded the 1.5" edge at the top and glued it. I cut out the bottom left and bottom right squares along the score lines on one of the sheets of paper. On the second sheet, I just cut the horizontal score lines of those same squares but did not cut them right out. 

I then put glue on the bottom tab of the first sheet and glued it down to the same square on the other sheet. After that, it was a simple matter of putting glue on the outside of the two bottom tabs of the second sheet and adhering them inside the two sides of the bag. I then overlapped the sides of the bag and glued them together. You end up with double layers on the sides of the bag.

I punched holes and used the coordinating Playful Pets ribbon to make handles for the bag. Paxton will love it! At least, he'll love what's inside it!







No comments:

Post a Comment