Sunday, April 5, 2020

Scrappy Strip Technique

When I saw Bruno Bertucci’s card and video using the Scrappy Strip Technique, I knew I wanted to give it a try with the gorgeous foiled Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper!




The strips are cut with my Stampin’ Trimmer (no measuring) and glued onto a Basic Black cardstock layer which is 5” x 3-3/4”. Then I trimmed off the edges of the DSP and glued it onto another piece of Basic Black which is 5-1/8” x 3-7/8”. I mounted that on a Pretty Peacock card base measuring 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, scored at 4-1/4”. You can use Stampin’ Dimensionals between the layers, if you like.


I finished it off with a sentiment from Peaceful Moments stamped on black in Versamark and heat embossed with white Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I added a Noble Peacock Rhinestone. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. so stunning! how do you get all the angles to line up??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy! The angles are cut at random. All you have to worry about is leaving the same space between the pieces (1/16" in my example) and making sure that the pieces are long enough to overhang off the edge of the mat. Since you're trimming the excess off, the rest doesn't matter!

      Delete
  2. Hi,. Beautiful card! What is the name of the video Bruno that shows how to do this? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete