Monday, January 24, 2022

Kylie's Winners Hop - Layering Masks!

 

I am thrilled to be participating in Kylie's Winners Hop with the Top Ten Winners from her International Highlights contest! Thank you so much to those who voted for me! Please check out the blogs of my talented fellow winners below!


When I first tried the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks, I was blown away with the results! On this card, I used a Sponge Dauber with Balmy Blue ink on the first layer of flowers and then Highland Heather on the second layer. It is so exciting to pull the mask away and see the gorgeous flowers underneath! There is another mask with leaves that fit perfectly around the flowers and I sponged those in Granny Apple Green. I then fussy cut the flowers and leaves, leaving about 1/16" of white around the edges.


The Simply Marbleous 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (free Sale-a-Bration item!) makes a perfect backdrop for these flowers along with a Highland Heather card base and mat cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies. The mat was embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.


I topped the flowers with Pastel Pearls. The sentiment is stamped in Granny Apple Green from the free Sale-a-Bration stamp set, Special Moments. The sentiment label is from the Hippo & Friends Dies, one of my favourite die sets for labels!


I just HAD to immediately try this with different ink colours! I used the same layout with the Simply Marbleous DSP and embossed mat to create 3 more cards!

The next one is sponged in Fresh Freesia and Gorgeous Grape with a Gorgeous Grape mat embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder. It has a Granny Apple Green card base.



This next card would be a wonderful wedding card! It's sponged in Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo. The label is die cut with the Tasteful Labels Dies and the sentiment comes from the Celebrating You stamp set. This mat is Flirty Flamingo embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder and the card base is Blushing Bride.


The next card was sponged in Mango Melody and Poppy Parade! So bright and cheery! The mat and base are Poppy Parade. The mat was embossed with the Hive 3D Embossing Folder.


Please enjoy hopping to the next blog below!






6 comments:

  1. Cool cards! And we both used the stencils!
    Greetings from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards, I love the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks too :-)
    Greetings from Germany
    Liane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, beautiful color combinations! Congrats on making the Top 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Lori!! I love the colours you've used! And excellent photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards Lori! Congrats on making it to the Top Ten Blog Hop this month!

    ReplyDelete