Wednesday, October 11, 2023

AWOW Blog Hop - Sketch Challenge

 


Welcome to this month's Around the World on Wednesday Blog Hop! Each month, a group of  demonstrators from all over the world create projects based on that month's theme. You will be able to hop around below to see all the wonderful inspiration!

This month, the theme is a Sketch Challenge!


I love using sketches! Sometimes, I'll take the sketch as a jumping off point and my card doesn't end up looking much like the original sketch BUT, SOMETIMES, it can look A LOT like the original sketch!

When you are in a hurry, as I was with this card, you can literally copy the sketch - even the colours!

I made this card with very little thinking on my part, lol!


For this card, I used the Stars at Night Bundle from the gorgeous O Holy Night Suite on pages 14-15 of the September-December 2023 Mini Catalogue. The cardstock colours I chose are Thick Very Vanilla (for the card base), Boho Blue, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake. The Very Vanilla layer was embossed with the Stars at Night Hybrid Embossing Folder. The squares were die cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies. The ribbon is the Night of Navy & Gold 1/2" Glittered Ribbon.

The Night of Navy paper with the gold foil accents is from the Shining Brightly 12" x 12" Specialty Designer Series Paper. The stars were die cut using the Stars at Night Dies and the More Dazzle 6" x 6" Specialty Paper, and adhered with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I also used a small strip of that paper.


I stamped the partial sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla. I first covered the end of the sentiment (the part I didn't want) with a Post-It Note and inked up the stamp. Then I peeled off the Post-It Note and stamped the partial sentiment.



Please enjoy hopping around below and you can click on the daisy to go to the next blog post by the very talented Teri West!


Shopping List

8 comments:

  1. Oooo I don't have this paper and you have me asking myself why. Fabulous pairing of papers and shapes. Great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have interpreted the sketch Lori! Very elegant card. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says Christmas quite like bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch, especially with this DSP. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the specialty paper used for the stars! Gives it a touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what an interesting way to work the sketch! I love the addition of the silver stars on top!

    ReplyDelete